The majority of the etiquette around senior graduation announcements revolves around the format. Certain details are part of a tried and true high school graduation invitation tradition, which is why it's a good idea to follow these main principles if you want to best commemorate the special occasion.
● Use two envelopes, one inside the other. The outer envelope is for the address and the personalized return address labels. The outer envelope should be sealed with the grad seal. The inner envelope protects the high school graduation invites and should only have the recipients' names on it. The inner envelope should be sealed with the monogram inner seal.
● As you're putting together your graduation announcements for 2022, consider whether you want to add a tissue insert, name card, photo card with grad party details, or other personalized additions. This should be placed together with the main announcement in the inner envelope. Don't forget to include the tickets to the event if they are required.
● Another consideration is how many people you can invite, especially with COVID-19 social distancing guidelines in place at ceremonies. If there's a limited number of tickets, make sure to send high school graduation announcements for 2022 at least a few weeks in advance and explicitly state that you require an RSVP to plan their attendance.
● While RSVPs are important, give your invitees enough time to consider and plan ahead themselves, informing them of the graduation early enough and providing them a timeframe to look at their calendar to determine whether they can make it and respond.
● If you want to include a nice personal touch to your graduation announcements for 2022, consider adding a formal senior picture of the graduate sending the invitation. This might seem like a minor detail, but many family members will appreciate having high-quality pictures of all the graduates in the family over the years.
● When it comes to how you should address people, there are also rules you should follow. Make sure you spell their names correctly and in an appealing font.
● Finally, don't be afraid to add your own personal touches. Even though graduation announcements are somewhat formal, you can enhance them using technology-enhanced features. At Jostens, we offer ANNOUNCEMENTS+, which can bring your graduation announcements to life using personalized videos that can be accessed via a QR code that can be placed inside your traditional announcement to be viewed by family and friends.